This isn’t your Grandma’s Welcome Packet …
OK, so you are experiencing an increase in visitors to your church. You see a lot of new faces and your greeters are telling you they are meeting a lot of people. However, you’re not seeing an increase in actual visitor cards being filled out. If those visitors never give you their information, you have no way of contacting them to engage them further. It can take some pretty creative ideas to make an impression.
That’s where a Visitor’s Packet can play a vital role in connecting further with your visitors. By including useful items along with information about your church or organization that reinforces your vision and mission, you can keep your message and branding in front of potential new member’s. Apart from the standard brochures and event postcards, here are some suggestions of things to include in a Visitor’s Welcome Packet. To place an order for any of these items, or to discuss your particular need, please feel free to contact me.
Suggestions for your Welcome Packet …
1. Digital Media Download Cards – This is really hot! It is the most advanced gift available with multiple uses and applications. The visitor would receive the gift card at an event or service. To redeem the gift, the recipient would then go online to a custom branded website of your organization to redeem the phone minutes, music, ringtones, pizza, photo processing, movies, or other premium services. Pretty cool huh?
During the redemption process the visitor can provide any kind of demographic information that will be collected and stored in a database, accessible via the internet 24/7. You can collect name, address, email, etc. that can be used to re-engage them later through postal mail or email campaigns. Once the visitor inputs their information they are taken to the download page and can immediately download their gift. It really is quite simple and allows you to capture a lot of information that may otherwise just walk out the door.
Media Tree Group
2. Seeded Bookmarks and Notecards – Everyone loves bookmarks and cards! This inexpensive product is made from recycled paper with wildflower seeds pressed into the paper so when the recipient gets home and is through using the item, they simply plant it and flowers come up. Truly a memorable gift that keeps giving. Floral Promo Group
3. Video or DVD of your organization – These simple tools can show off the different programs and services you offer, and can be very interactive. We can arrange for videographers, or you can hire local ones, to come in and record your programs at work, video tours of the facility, or kids playing and learning. These have been quite useful in promoting various organizations and highlighting various programs. The video can be used as a promo piece on your website as well. EMG Design can custom design your CD or DVD cover as well as provide unique case designs and delivery options.
4. Refrigerator magnets – Need an inexpensive marketing option with “staying power”? According to a study at Purdue University, the average American visits their refrigerator 22 times a day. So, your magnetic promotional product offers you around 8,030 impressions on a consumer each year. That’s one of the lowest costs per impression of any item in our industry! These magnet’s are very affordable and can be custom designed o be any shape. Be creative and humorous! Think outside the box on what you could include.
5. Calendars – customized calendars always keep your information right in front of your audience. Several styles and sizes to choose from. Norwood Calendars
6. Coffee tumbler/travel mug – With the popularity of Starbucks and more and more churches allowing their people to come in with coffee, this is a great gift that will get used over and over again.
Norwood Drinkware or Leeds Worldwide
7. Journal books with pen – A great gift that encourages journaling. Most books allow you to place a page of custom information in the front highlighting contact information, times of service, etc. Journal Books or Spector Co.
8. Custom presentation folders – something classic to hold all the information you provide (the brochures, the policies, the flyers on programs, etc.) Navitor Folders
9. Tote bags – Something stylish to hold the various gifts and books that may be given away to visitors. Can be screen printed or embroidered. Gemline or Atchison by BIC Graphic
10. Books – Choose a good book that represents your purpose or a current sermon topic and give it away. With our connections into the publishing industry, we can get great discounts on book titles that can be passed along to clients. UNChristian and other titles in our book store.
We would be happy to assist you in determining what would be the proper ‘Visitor’s Packet’ for your organization. To order any of these items, or to explore the other 750,000 possible options of imprintable items, simply provide us with the following:
- Your artwork – Typically we need camera ready artwork, but we can work from just about anything like a JPG or BMP file. The preferred camera ready art file is in an EPS format, which is typically generated from an Adobe Illustrator program. Your graphic arts person will know what to provide, or we can convert your art into a usable format if it is not camera ready for a small nominal fee.
- Your budget – How much money do you have to spend toward reaching and engaging these visitors?
- Color scheme – What colors are in your existing logo or that are prevalent in your church or organization? Typically, in order to save money, the artwork will be converted into one color artwork to be imprinted on a colored item. Knowing what color preference you have helps us to zero in on a particular item to use.
- Quantity needed – Typically most items have minimums (quantity of 100 or more) but it really just depends on the item. Less expensive items tend to have higher minimums while moderately priced items allow you to order a quantity of 50 or less. In some cases, we can get you ‘Less than Minimum’ pricing on specific items, this just depends on the manufacturer.
- End result & demographics– What are you trying to achieve with this give-away item and what are the demographics of the end user – the visitor?
Every situation and order is different. We strive hard to provide you with the very best solution, at the very best price, with the very best service! Contact me today to get started in putting together your custom Visitor’s Packet now!